Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best way to remove dry facial skin?

I am 34 and my face is starting to feel rather dry. I was thinking about a chemical peel or microderm abrasion. Does anyone know the difference?|||A chemical peel or micro will dry your skin out further. There are some wonderful inexpensive and expensive moisturizers on the market that would work beautifully.


Suggestions:


1. Oil of Olay Regenerist ( This is a product I use and it works lovely. I am a bit older than you are and I love the complements I receive)


2. At Dillard%26#039;s or Macy%26#039;s they have wonder counters that distribute samples of provided items. This will give you an idea of how they react with your skin. (My sister uses Lancome, a product I love to dip into when I visit her) She swears by it!


Now, I have dark skin and as such purchase some products based on this. But, I love Oil of Olay because it doesn%26#039;t seem to matter. I went through the dry patch stage and remember how tight and irritating my face felt.


Like I say, no need to spend money on something you will have to do again and again, until I really need too! lol


Oil of Olay can be found at just about every Market near you or at your local Pharmacy (Walgreen%26#039;s, Walmart, Rite-aide) etc.


Lancome can be found at Dillard%26#039;s and Macy%26#039;s!





Good Luck! Until then try a bit of cocoa butter at night before bed. This will soften your skin until you can purchase something better.|||read tips on skincare and home remedies to help you better on this site|||Aapri dual cleansing pads are brilliant and yet so gentle. You only need one every morning and flush it away so it%26#039;s hygeinic too.





http://www.academyhealth.com/aapdualclea鈥?/a>





You could also try a richer moisturiser.|||The main difference between a chemical peel and microdermabrasion is the fact that the former uses an acid to exfoliate the skin while the later uses a high pressure flow of crystals to abrade the top layer of the epidermis.


Both light chemical peels and microdermabrasion are non-invasive: they don%26#039;t hurt, need no downtime and can be performed at home with special products. They are both efficient in diminishing and removing superficial acne scars, fine wrinkles, stretch marks,clogged pores and dull skin.


Before you decide to try either of the two procedures, you should see a dermatologist in order to try and find out the cause of your skin dryness. It usually has deeper causes and the removal of the top layer of the skin will not solve the problem but only delay the appearance of dryness for a couple of days.


Hope this helps,


Joanna.|||Do you use a moisturizer? Are you using the right cleanser? Our skin changes as we age, so you might have to change your face cleansing routine. Also make sure you are drinking enough water.





Peels are basically poring an acid on your face and burning off the first few layers of skin. Microderm abrasion is like sanding a few layers of your skin off, but it%26#039;s not as invasive as peels. Both are used for wrinkles, not dry skin. I wouldn%26#039;t recommend doing a home kit. It%26#039;s the only skin you have and scarring is permanent.





If your face itches and has flakes, you might have a skin condition so go see a dermatologist. I developed one after extreme stress.|||A quality face moisturizer would do just fine as a dry skin treatment.|||Lazer removement. Or wax it off.|||try the home kits first,and save money

No comments:

Post a Comment