Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What is the right age to start facial microdermabrasion?

I%26#039;m in my 20s. Can I do it at home? I have a few spots on my face. Nothing major though. And I don%26#039;t have sensitive skin.|||I wouldn%26#039;t sink a lot of money into it at your age.





I%26#039;ve had professional microdermabrasion and used the Neutrogena kit (with the scrubber) and a Philosophy product. I really prefer the Philosophy product to either.





Its called Philosophy Microdelivery Peel. It heats up on your face and leaves your skin super smooth.





Salon microdermabrasion is a waste of money, if you ask me. I%26#039;ve had 3 treatments and better results with my new Philosophy regime than any salon service.|||COULD|||In your 20s is a great time to try out microdermabrasion. I am also in my 20s, and microdermabrasion works great for my acne-prone skin. It also helps with blackheads and whiteheads, which many people in our age group have.





This procedure will not hurt you, just think of it as a kind of ultimate exfoliation. As far as real microdermabrasion, no, that can%26#039;t be done at home unless for some reason you have a microdermabrasion machine! However, there are some products on the market today that claim to have the same affects. But according to my dermatologist and my experiences with microdermabrasion, those products would need to be used a hundred times over to equal just one microdermabrasion treatment!





This procedure is great because even though you may be shelling out $100 per treatment, you can do it about every two or three months if you don%26#039;t have alot of problems on your face. So really, with the money you%26#039;d spend trying to get the same results at home, it%26#039;s really worth it to just save up for the real thing.





If you%26#039;re just dying for a product you can use at home, we use the Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel (see here: http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.asp?sr鈥?/a> ) at our salon on microdermabrasion clients, but it can be used alone as well. Give it a try, I think you%26#039;ll like it. I hope this helps, and good luck!|||There%26#039;s no right or wrong age. I would start doing it when you start to notice skin problems that can be helped with microdermabrasion. L%26#039;oreal makes a good kit, one silver tube of the granular stuff and a white moisturizer. Just be careful with whatever you use not to over scrub, especially the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment