Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What is your most favorite home remedy facial system?

I prefer the aspirin mask. Although the question on whether it is in fact dangerous or not, I really love it. But what other alternatives are there for me that can exfoliate my dead skin cells and moisturize my skin?|||I use sulfuric soap every morning and evening. it really helps! you just wash your face with it.|||my complete favorite is getting a green tea bag opening it up and using the tea as an exfoliatier ......sugar works too|||I like to talk a milk bath sometimes. That can be really calming for your skin. Also a green tea bath is good. Just put a few green tea bags in your bath water and let them steep in there for a few minutes before you get in. I%26#039;ve also heard it suggested to go ahead and put 4 or 5 tea bags in boiling water while letting your bath water run slightly cooler than usual, than after the tea bags have steeped pour the hot water and the tea bags into your bath water. You can also place the tea bags over your eyes.





Get some dried lavender and put it in a pot of water, let it boil and put a towel over your head. The steam will open your pores and the smell of the lavender will relax you, also I hear lavender is good for your skin. After that splash your face with ice water and apply astringent.





I%26#039;ve always heard that sugar and honey mixed together to make a scrub is good. I have not personally tried it (yet) but I hear its as good as the aspirin mask. I heard the aspirin mask is only dangerous to pregnant women so if you ever get pregnant you might want to try that.





Using beach sand or kosher salt can be great for feet but I would never use it on my face.





Using Witch Hazel as an astringent works just as good as any other, and is all natural and more economical.





Rinsing your hair in beer or coke is supposed to make your shiny. I have not personally tried it but I have friends who do it all the type.





Olive oil is great for skin in moderation. Its all natural and fairly inexpensive compared to other treatments. Just smooth some on extra dry areas like knees and elbows and leave it on overnight and the next day your skin feels like heaven. I read an article about a woman who worked at Vogue who used to slather her whole body in it every single night, but I would never do that. Oils tend to stain your sheets (so if you try it wear pjs you don%26#039;t care about) and they can also clog your pores if you use them too often.





My all time favorite home remedy is Milk of Magnesia. I put it on like a mask a couple of times a week. Milk of Magnesia is something people use to make heartburn go away I think. I%26#039;ve never had to use it for my stomach but you can find it in any pharmacy. Its really cheap and lasts for years. All you do is wet a cotton ball in the solution and dab it all over your face. It will be clearish white. Put it all over your face and neck. Then let it dry and leave it on for about 5-10 minutes. It is very mild so you can really leave it on for a very long time but it flakes a lot so its best not to let it stay on for more than 10 minutes otherwise it%26#039;ll get all over the place. Just rinse your face in lukewarm water and then in freezing cold water, then apply astringent. This mask will make your pores absolutely invisible. I like to apply it to places where I think I might have a pimple coming up and leave it on overnight. If I do that then usually I never get a pimple at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment