Monday, April 26, 2010

What is the best "natural" way to control excess facial oil?

I have been using Dr. Bronner%26#039;s Hemp and Tea Tree oil soap and have had almost all of my adult acne clear up. I also use a home made facial scrub with epsom salt and kosher salt mixed with a bit of virgin coconut oil, grapeseed oil, pepermint oil and orange oils. My face loves it and has reduced break outs and overall oilyness.





What I want to know is, does anybody know a good natural way to control the excess facial oil that builds up throughout the day? I will not use blotting towels because many have oils that break me out. I am trying tapioca starch in my bare escentuals foundataion today and have had a huge improvement; but, I was just wondering if anybody else had any suggestions aside from re-washing and blotting towels.





Thanks!|||Your regime sounds super. Good for you for using all pure and natural things.





I%26#039;d try to use a shampoo for oily hair (as the oil starts at the top)


and add a toner in there (like witch hazel)





I also use a mineral powder foundation and finds it helps control the oily face a lot better. I like Arbonne (it%26#039;s pure and natural and has an spf)|||sometimes its just as simple as washing your face less often, you are applying products that contain oil which is nice to add balance but in the same sense using salt really works but encourages oil production. I would think using the salt product 1-2 times a week and a normal cleanser - the hemp and tea tree soap would be just enough, and if you are already doing this maybe just a simple pH balanced organic soap would be a good %26#039;in between%26#039; day fix. The more you use products that dry the more your skin reacts to %26quot;produce more%26quot;. Its a balancing act some times!|||My friend just became a skin care consultant and she learned that by not using moisturizer everyday your body is overcompensating no moisture by making a ton of moisture. So I would recommend to start using a natural face moisturizer everyday and in about a week or less your face should tone down in the amount of oil it produces.|||you could also use those cosmetic sheets that are the size of hald a dollar bill and they come in a cute french wrapping and they are to blot excess oil off one%26#039;s face|||yes I have used the best product on the market! Arbonne International! all of their products are pure, safe ,beneficial, vegan approved botanically based not tested on animals , no animal products or by-products! try their intelligence personalizer! It is by far the best oil controll on the market!


I LOVE THERE PRODUCTS! www.antiagingskin.myarbonne.co m|||What are you using for a moisturizer? Try a moisturizer from Clinique for oil control. About 35 dollars but very worth it. It%26#039;s the only thing that would control my oil when in my teens and I had very sensitive and oily skin. very natural not a lot of fillers.|||It%26#039;s not so much what you put on your face, but rather on what you eat. Stay AWAY from anything with a lot of natural oils - avocados, peanuts (nuts in general) and drink a lot of water. Sometimes working out helps get rid of all of that excess bodily fluids we don%26#039;t like through sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment